The Income Tax Department will launch its new e-filing portal on June 7, 2021. The new portal can be accessed through www.incometax.gov.in.
The new e-filing portal is aimed at providing a modern, seamless and more convenient experience to the taxpayers.
According to the Finance Ministry, the new taxpayer-friendly portal has been integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns and quick refunds to taxpayers.
New e-filing portal: All you need to know
• The new portal will display all interactions and uploads or pending actions on a single dashboard for follow-up action by the taxpayer. It will act as a one-stop centre for all such actions.
• Further, it offers a free-of-cost ITR preparation software with interactive questions to help taxpayers.
• The portal will enable taxpayers to proactively update their profile to provide certain details of income including salary, house property and profession, which will be used in pre-filling their ITR.
• It will also enable pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividend and capital gains after TDS and SFT statements are uploaded and the due date for the same is June 30, 2021.
• The new portal will also include a new call center for taxpayer assistance for prompt response to taxpayer queries.
It will also provide detailed FAQs, User Manuals, Videos and chatbot/live agent.
• It would include all functionalities such as for filing Income Tax Forms, add tax professionals and submit responses to notices in faceless scrutiny or Appeals.
A mobile app will also be released subsequently after the initial launch of the portal, to enable taxpayers to get familiar with the various features.