5 May 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as world’s first Artificial Intelligence ship, Green Solar Energy plant and 100 million-year-old bones of Sauropods among others.
1. Cabinet has given its approval for strategic disinvestment in which bank?
2. India has launched a comprehensive partnership on migration and mobility with which nation?
3. Researchers have discovered 100 million-year-old bones of Sauropods in which Indian state?
b) Andhra Pradesh
4. NASA’s Parker Solar Probe has detected Natural Radio Emission from which planet’s Atmosphere?
5. What is the name of the world’s first Artificial Intelligence ship?
a) Sunflower 40
b) Earth 2030
c) Mayflower 400
d) Seafarer 66
6. The RBI has proposed how much liquidity facility to ease access to emergency health services?
a) Rs 50,000 crore
b) Rs 35,000 crore
c) Rs 70,000 crore
d) Rs 80,000 crore
7. Indian Army has launched the first Green Solar Energy plant in which state?
c) Arunachal Pradesh
1. (c) IDBI
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on May 5, 2021 gave its approval for the strategic disinvestment and transfer of management control in IDBI Bank Ltd. The cabinet was chaired by Narendra Modi.
2. (a) UK
India and the UK have launched a comprehensive partnership on migration and mobility that aims to facilitate greater opportunities for the mobility of students and professionals between the two countries.
3. (d) Meghalaya
The researchers have identified the fossil bone fragments of the long-necked dinosaurs, known as Sauropods from an area around West Khasi Hill Districts in Meghalaya. The fossil dates back to about 100-million years.
4. (b) Venus
NASA’s Parker Solar Probe, during a brief swing by Venus in July 2020, detected a natural radio signal from Venus’ atmosphere. The Parker Solar Probe was launched in 2018 as a solar mission to analyze the Sun.
5. (c) Mayflower 400
Mayflower 400 is the world’s first Artificial Intelligence Ship, built by a team of researchers from the marine research organization ProMare in collaboration with IBM. It is an unmanned 15-m-long trimaran that weighs nine tons and is a completely autonomous ship. The ship is set to sail on a transatlantic voyage. It will track aquatic mammals, analyze plastic in the water and study marine pollution.
6. (a) Rs 50,000 crore
RBI has announced Rs 50,000 crore liquidity for ramping up COVID-related healthcare infrastructure and services till March 2022. RBI is also opening an on-tap liquidity window of ₹50,000 crore with tenors of up to three years at the repo rate till March 31, 2022 to boost the provision of immediate liquidity for ramping up COVID related healthcare infrastructure and services in the country.
7. (b) Sikkim
The Indian Army on April 30, 2021, launched the first Green Solar Energy plant in North Sikkim to harness renewable energy for its troops.