28 July 2021: The Current Affairs Quiz section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as India’s GDP growth forecast for FY-22, Karnataka’s new Chief Minister, World Hepatitis Day and largest moon in our solar system among others.
1. What is IMF’s new GDP growth forecast for India in Fiscal Year 2021-2022?
a) 8.7 percent
b) 9.5 percent
c) 10 percent
d) 10.5 percent
2. Who has been sworn in as Karnataka’s new Chief Minister?
a) Arun Singh
b) Thaawarchand Gehlot
c) CT Ravi
d) Basavaraj Bommai
3. Which nation has announced a 3-year travel ban for citizens visiting red list countries including India?
c) Saudi Arabia
4. Sports legend Nandu Natekar passed away on July 28, 2021 at the age of 88 years. He was the first Indian to win an international title in which sporting disciple?
5. When is World Hepatitis Day observed?
a) July 26th
b) July 27th
c) July 28th
d) July 29th
6. Hubble Space Telescope has discovered the first evidence of water vapor on which planet’s moon?
7. Which is the largest moon in our solar system?
8. Which country has become the world’s first to approve genetically modified ‘golden rice’ for production?
c) The Philippines
1. (b) 9.5 percent
The International Monetary Fund on July 27, 2021, bought down its GDP growth forecast for India for Fiscal Year 2021-22 to 9.5 percent. The forecast is lower than the earlier projected 12.5% economic growth as the deadly second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic impacted India’s economic recovery.
2. (d) Basavaraj Somappa Bommai
Basavaraj Somappa Bommai, senior BJP leader and son of former Karnataka Chief Minister, took oath as the 23rd Chief Minister of Karnataka in a swearing-in ceremony at the Raj Bhavan on July 28, 2021. The 61-year-old is known to be a Yeddyurappa loyalist. He has been a Minister in both cabinets of BS Yediyurappa
3. (c) Saudi Arabia
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has announced a three-year travel ban and huge penalties for those citizens who visit countries that are on the nation’s ‘red list’. The list includes countries such as India, Iran, Indonesia, UAE, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Venezuela, Iran, Turkey, Yemen and Armenia.
4. (d) Badminton
Legendary badminton player Nandu Natekar passed away on July 28, 2021. He was 88 years old. The former World No. 3 was the first Indian to win an international title at Sellanger International in Malaysia in 1956.
5. (c) July 28th
World Hepatitis Day (WHD) is observed every year on July 28, 2021 to raise awareness about viral hepatitis. As per World Health Organization (WHO), a person dies due to hepatitis illness every 30 seconds.
6. (b) Jupiter
Scientists have discovered the first evidence of water vapour in the atmosphere of Jupiter’s icy moon Ganymede with the help of the Hubble Space Telescope.
7. (a) Ganymede
Ganymede is the largest moon and the ninth-largest celestial body in our Solar System. The moon’s size reportedly exceeds that of even dwarf planet Mercury.
8. (c) The Philippines
The Philippines on July 23, 2021, become the world’s first country to approve the commercial production of genetically modified ‘golden rice’.