13 May 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Maharashtra Lockdown, Most populated country by 2027, Monkey Census and first private astronaut mission to ISS among others.
1. The Maharashtra government has extended the state lockdown to which date?
a) May 31st
b) June 1st
c) June 5th
d) May 25th
2. Serum Institute has promised to raise monthly vaccine production to how much by August 2021?
a) 10 crore
b) 9 crore
c) 8 crore
d) 7.5 crore
3. Bharat Biotech has promised to raise monthly vaccine production to how much by August 2021?
a) 8 crore
b) 7.8 crore
c) 6.5 crore
d) 9 crore
4. Which nation will become the most populated country by 2027, as per a UN report?
5. Which nation will be the world’s fastest-growing major economy in 2022, as per the UN?
6. Which state has undertaken Monkey Census as a part of Wildlife Census?
a) Uttar Pradesh
7. NASA has partnered with which aerospace startup to launch first private astronaut mission to the space station?
c) Boom Supersonic
8. Union Cabinet has approved a MoU between Chartered Accountants of India and which nation’s Financial Centre Authority?
a) Saudi Arabia
1. (b) June 1
Maharashtra government has extended the ongoing lockdown in the state till 7 am on June 1, 2021. The decision was taken after a cabinet meeting of the ministers on May 12th. The state lockdown was supposed to end on May 15th.
2. (a) 10 crore
The Serum Institute of India, manufacturer of the Covishield vaccine, has stated that it will raise the monthly production of its vaccine to 10 crore doses by August 2021.
3. (b) 7.8 crore
Bharat Biotech, the manufacturer of COVAXIN, has promised to raise its monthly vaccine production to 7.8 crore doses by August 2021.
4. (a) India
India may cross China as the world’s most populous country by 2027, forecasts a UN report published in 2019. The report stated that India will remain the most populated country through the end of the current century.
5. (d) India
According to the United Nations, India will be the world’s fastest-growing major economy in 2022. In its mid-year update of the World Economic Situation and Prospects (WESP), the UN has projected that the Indian economy will grow at 10.1 percent in the calendar year 2022.
6. (c) Haryana
The Wildlife Institute of India recently launched a “Monkey Census” in Haryana, as a part of the “Wildlife Census of Haryana-2021”.
7. (d) Axiom
NASA has partnered with aerospace startup Axiom Space to launch the first private astronaut mission to a space station. The agreement was signed between the two on May 10, 2021. They have signed an order to launch four people to the International Space Station (ISS) as early as January 2022.
8. (b) Qatar
The Union Cabinet, chaired by PM Modi on May 13, 2021, gave its approval to the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Qatar Financial Centre Authority (QFCA) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).