26 April to 2 May 2021: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 93rd Academy Awards, India’s GDP growth and Soli Sorabjee among others.
1. Who has become the first woman of colour to win the Oscar for Best Director?
a) Thomas Vinterberg
b) Lee Isaac Chung
c) Chloe Zhao
d) Emerald Fennell
2. Which film has won the Oscar for ‘Best Picture’ at the 93rd Academy Awards?
b) Promising Young Woman
c) The Trial of the Chicago 7
3. Asian Development Bank has projected India’s GDP growth to be how much in FY21?
a) 12 percent
b) 10.7 percent
c) 11 percent
d) 9.8 percent
4. Former Attorney General of India Soli Sorabjee passed away on April 30, 2021. When was he first appointed as attorney general of India?
5. The Lieutenant Governor of which Union Territory will now have primacy over the elected government?
6. Where will ICC World Test Championship Final 2021 take place?
a) The Oval
b) Hampshire Bowl
7. What is Bharat Biotech’s revised Covaxin price for states?
a) Rs 500
b) Rs 400
c) Rs 450
d) Rs 300
8. What is SII’s new vaccine price for state governments?
a) Rs 200
b) Rs 150
c) Rs 300
d) Rs 350
9. Which e-learning platform has been featured in Time Magazine’s 2021 list of 100 most influential companies?
10. Which state government has planned to provide ten lakh tap water connections in FY 2021-22?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
11. Justice Rajesh Bindal has been appointed as the Acting Chief Justice of which High Court?
12. What is the name of China’s first Mars Rover?
d) Huo Xing
1. (c) Chloe Zhao
Chloé Zhao won the Oscar for Best Director for the film Nomadland at the 93rd Annual Academy Awards on April 25, 2021. She became the first woman of color, first Chinese woman and second woman-ever to win the award.
Nomadland won the Oscar for ‘Best Picture’ at the 93rd Academy Awards. Frances McDormand bagged the Oscar for Best Actress for her performance in ‘Nomadland’, while Anthony Hopkins won the Best Actor honour for his performance in ‘The Father’.
3. (c) 11 percent
The Asian Development Bank on April 28, 2021, projected that the gross domestic product (GDP) of India will rebound strongly by 11% in the Financial year 2021 ending on March 31, 2022. The projected growth will be because of the continued economic recovery boosted by the vaccine rollout, increased public investment, and a surge in domestic demand.The forecast by ADB assumes that the COVID-19 vaccines are deployed extensively all over the country and that the second wave of the pandemic is contained.
4. (c) 1989
Former Attorney General of India Soli Sorabjee passed away early in the morning today, April 30, 2021. He was 91. The Padma Vibhushan awardee was first appointed as the attorney general of India from 1989-90 and was reappointed from 1998-2004.
5. (b) Delhi
The Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amended) Act, 2021, came into force on April 27, 2021. The act gives primacy to the Lieutenant Governor over the elected government in the National Capital.
6. (b) Hampshire Bowl
The ICC World Test Championship Final 2021 is scheduled to take place at the Hampshire Bowl, Southampton from June 18-23, which includes a reserve day.
7. (b) Rs 400
Bharat Biotech on April 29, 2021 reduced the cost of the COVAXIN vaccine for State governments from earlier announced Rs 600 per dose to Rs 400 per dose.
8. (c) Rs 300
The Serum Institute of India (SII) on April 28, 2021 slashed the price of its Covishield vaccine for state governments from earlier Rs 400 per dose to Rs 300 per dose. The move came after the centre asked both Serum Institute of India and Bharat Biotech to lower the price of their Covid-19 vaccines amid protest and criticism from states.
9. (d) BYJU’s
Two Indian firms, Reliance’s Jio Platforms and e-learning startup Byju’s have been featured in Time Magazine’s 2021 list of 100 most influential companies. The Time magazine mentioned on its website that the companies shaping the future are at the heart of the first-ever TIME 100 Most Influential Companies.
10. (a) Gujarat
Gujarat government announced on April 27, 2021 that it has planned to provide ten lakh tap water connections in this financial year under Jal Jeevan Mission. The state government also reiterated its commitment to achieving Har Ghar Jal target by 2022-23.
11. (c) Calcutta
Justice Rajesh Bindal has been appointed by President Ram Nath Kovind as the Acting Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court. He will succeed Chief Justice Thottathil Bhaskaran Nair Radhakrishnan, who is scheduled to retire on April 29, 2021.
12. (b) ‘Zhurong’
China’s first Mars rover has been named ‘Zhurong’ after a traditional fire god, as per an announcement made by the government on April 24, 2021. The rover is currently aboard China’s Mars probe Tianwen-1, which had entered the Mars orbit on February 24 and will land on the red planet in May to search for evidence of life.